It’s not always easy to find the time to make a healthy meal. Even if all you have to do is grate and slice some veg, even that can seem like too much bother. This is a salad for those times. It requires nothing more than taking the ingredients out of their packets or jars and putting them in a bowl together.
Well, I suppose you do have to slice the cheese and shallot, shell the nuts and you do need a little, just a little, salad dressing, but it still takes less than 5 minutes to put together and it’s filling enough to be a light meal.
The salad dressing I use here is a mix of even parts sunflower oil and red wine vinegar, a half teaspoon of honey, and a good pinch of salt and pepper, but use whatever dressing you have handy. You just need a tablespoon of dressing to toss the salad leaves in.
To keep this gluten-free make sure the beetroot is not pickled in malt vinegar. Just always check the ingredients for allergens.
- 1 bag (125g approx) ready-to-eat salad leaves (preferably a mix of peppery salad leaves, like watercress, rocket, etc)
- sliced pickled beetroot
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced thinly
- goat’s cheese, sliced
- fistful roasted & salted pistachio nuts, shelled
- 1 tablespoon salad dressing
- Sprinkle the dressing over the salad leaves and toss around so that they are all thinly coated in dressing.
- Combine with the rest of the ingredients and enjoy.