This recipe is a guideline only. It makes a very thick honey mustard dressing. If you prefer a thinner dressing, you could leave out the English mustard powder and/or increase the vinegar to oil ratio.
I know this is just a salad dressing and it feels a little silly to point out that there is some goodness in it but mustard has some surprising qualities; it both stimulates the appetite and, in moderation, aids digestion. Exactly what you want in a salad dressing.
- 1/2 teaspoon of English mustard flour
- good pinch of salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 dessertspoons white wine vinegar
- 9 dessertspoons sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon runny honey (or brown sugar to make it vegan)
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- To make the dressing simply add the ingredients to a jar, put the lid on tightly and shake the jar until it is well blended.